Mar 22, 2011

How I Came Thus Far Is A Sweet Memory Today.


As a child, I remember I used to cry to get into school. I didn't know why, but I followed my brother when he used to walk to school.Those were when in Bumthang around early 1990s. I was under age for admission, so my parents didn't let me. He was already in grade two in a typical community school. I remember my mom warning and faking the cruelty of teachers. But I wasn't afraid.
Later even at six, I wasn't allowed because particularly my mom was worried about me. I remember she talking to neighbour about bigger boys thrashing the simple ones at school. All were positive about it in the family. So literally I was detained at home when my friend of my age was already in class PP.
Finally, at seven, after much controversies, I was made to take a big step in life. It was March 1994, I went to my village Primary School for the first time, well dressed and she got me admitted. I had a manual test. Mom helped me put my right hand across the mid line to reach the left ear. Such was the test in those times. I passed and that was indeed my first accomplishment. Later on I was excited when I saw many friends of my age. I loved every day at school and I had my best time of my life.
Coming to studies, I wasn't bad; may be because of my true interest and love, I never failed in any test. In grade two, I made a good progress. I stood second from the whole class. And in the following years, I never miss to be the topper. Yes, I was a good student. Even in board exams, I excelled and impressed my fellow mates. Mom, you would be proud. I wish you could know all about me. That your little boy is now a big boy. I miss you so much. Kudos to all: teachers, friends and family. I love you all for what I am now.
Today, I'm in a college, like an alien I'm moving my self here. Far away. I miss those school days. My friends, I miss them badly. Wish I were a school boy again; simple, dedicated and sincere human I like to be again. But life goes on, there's no turning back and those days are not these days. I fail today; I don't have many friends around; I don't see my parents; everything that I need is missing. All I need is to get up and get going once again like those years. :)

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites