May 13, 2011

Happiness- Priceless Yet Available For All

No body knows exactly, what's life?; we just live on like we are being programmed to do what each of us does daily. That's how we mimic computers in some ways. But we are far, far more than what we only know of ourselves. Some call it fate, and the other, like me, would say life is too complex to be understood; it's everything: fate, acts, mind, mystery.., and so forth. Of all, we don't have the same pattern of life; some suffer while others enjoy in their thrones. Why some in paradise, others in hell keeps me wondering; and you know when we notice of such inequalities, we begin thinking about below and above our steps. That's greedy calculation i would say! After all, we men are all same!

But I wish he was happy. Looking at his grimace and disability I was touched little like anyone would from inside. Just outside the Majestic City, one of the main shopping complex in Colombo, Sri Lanka, he always, with a leg, and the other supported on wooden clamps I saw him once again. So I knew him this time. I remember giving some coins previously.

But what made me wonder was when I saw him again in evening on the same day, he was still in the same pose looking at every passer-by, and looking for money. My friends and i were on the sixth floor of the next building, opposite to where he stays right in front of the complex. Alone, my thoughts were just him; unaware of my staring at him, so far far but down there on the earth; wished i'd known his true life and conditions. It was 7:30pm and the shops were closing, and i was watching him while my friends were repairing a lap top. Whole day begging money, may be that's his job was what i thought. It seems pathetic but he is no wrong. He has his rights and he enjoys what he does. That's how he lives his life. My thoughts argued me. Who knows, he may got happier life because "the possession of wealth is not possession of happiness". This old proverb explains the situation. Happiness in life has got nothing to do with materials and power.

Whatever, whosoever...lets not bother another life..it's just that these thoughts come into my mind when i see beggars everyday in the streets. Lets help them, sometimes or forever!

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites